Friday, May 28, 2010
Recipe to Judge: Healthy Shrimp Po' Boys
2 Tbsp light mayo
Old Bay seasoning
4 French rolls
1.25 lbs raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut open the rolls lengthwise, spray with cooking spray, and then shake on some garlic powder. Toast rolls at 375 for about 5 minutes.
3. Combine mayo with Old Bay to taste
4. Sprinkle Old Bay on shrimp and set aside
5. Thinly slice the onion, spray cooking spray in a frying pan, and saute the onion until translucent
6. Add shrimp to pan with the onion and cook until done (pink on both sides)
7. Spread mayo on rolls, place shrimp, onion, lettuce, and tomato on top and then squirt some fresh lemon juice on top.
Judged as, no one will know that this sandwich is good for you.*